The arrival of this summer season is particularly joyful as the post-pandemic world begins to reopen. After spending such extensive time at home, visiting a lovely bed & breakfast a few towns over feels like a thrilling novelty!
We’ve curated a few things we’d love to tuck in our travel bags as we venture into the summer sunshine with fresh perspective and light hearts.
*Disclaimer - House of Inverness has no affiliate relationship with any of the companies or linked websites below. These are simply products and sites we personally enjoy and use!
Organic Cotton Cardigan Sweater: Nothing spoils an experience for me faster than realizing I’ll be spending the next couple hours shivering! Having a light sweater on hand is essential for wandering a chilly museum or fending off a brisk evening breeze while dining al fresco.
- Sun Signet Ring: Claus Jewelry offers some truly lovely engraved collections, and their signet rings are a particular favorite of mine. This sun design would be such a fitting piece to commemorate memory making in the sunny days ahead!
- Rae Playdress: I love the sunny floral print on this dress. It could easily be taken from daytime into the evening with a quick swap of footwear.
- Kiera Mule Sandal: These braided leather sandals give off beachy vibes and the block heel makes them comfortable enough to enjoy a leisurely after-dinner stroll.
- Lux Chain Link Necklace: I like to select jewelry in a single finish when packing to give myself flexibility to mix and match pieces throughout my trip. I think the heavier weight of this necklace would be a nice complement to layer into my existing collection of delicate gold chains and pendants.
Whimsical Pajama Set: This charming sleep-set is delightfully soft and sure to lull you into a blissful dreamland long after your holiday concludes.
Plim Soul Canvas Sneaker: A good pair of comfortable shoes are an absolute travel necessity. These classic white canvas sneakers feature an extra supportive footbed, granting you the freedom to set off on a day’s excursion free from the risk of tender feet cutting your adventures short.
- Carmen Shorts: These shorts make a darling addition to a vacation ensemble with their floral embroidery and dainty scalloped trim detailing.
Whisper Cotton Rib-Crewneck Tee: You are sure to find several of these lightweight tees inside any travel bag I pack. They are great for layering, take up practically zero space in a suitcase and come in a rainbow of colors.
- Quilted Leather Crossbody Bag: When traveling, I prefer stylish yet practical crossbody bags I can throw over my shoulder, leaving my hands free to sample and explore.
Looking for the perfect suitcase? We use this bag from Paravel at least once per month. We love it because it is light weight, durable, and made by a sustainable company. Also, it is sized for stateside and european carryon requirements - just right for weekend getaway.
Where are you off to for end of summer travels?
Staying in town? See our recipe for Coconut Cupcakes with Sweet Summer Cherries - perfect for a stay-cation!